Tuesday, January 4, 2011

McDo's Hot Apple Pie

Look!! A friend of mine sent me these before Xmas! These are mini size object of McDonald's products. Apparently you'd get one, when you buy the menu at the restaurant in Japan.  (Thank you K-san!)


In France, they'd call it McDo (pronounce it like Mac Doo), rather than Mac.. it's funny, as it's same in western Japan, like Osaka. In Tokyo, it's called Mac.






It's been a while since I last ate one of these..... Mac's Hot Apple Pie. I hardly go for junk food so probably ate only a dozen times at Mac when I was in England (couldn't eat red meat in general to be precise, hence no burgers) and then here in France, I start eating red meat (as it was OK and didn't give me any rushes)


I really can't remember eating apple pies in English MacDonald's perhaps it doesn't exist there... at this moment it's not available in France.  Apparently it was sold years ago but they stopped for some reasons. 

When talking about fast food restaurants, you'll notice the difference in menus by region or country.  There are products that are only available in a certain region or a country. The regular items, (you thought they were) might not be regular in the other places.  Also, sometimes it's tricky buying something like this for your friends who are religious - you must ask for an "Egg Mac Muffin" without "Ham(sausages)".

Like KFC, when I was a child, I used to love their fish fingers with sauce tartar, but I've never seen it sold in Europe. I think the KFC's biscuits became available in Europe a lot later than Japan. 


As I was looking at this little object that looks really like the real pie, I felt like want to eat one.  It has to look and taste like this one..... so I made myself some mini sized apple pies from spring roll papers!  (That's originally K-san's hubby's idea! That really worked!) 

No comments: