Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Carte de séjour - continue

As I went to prefecture for renewing my carte de séjour in mid-October, I've got a receipt that's valid for 3 months. You usually keep it together with the old carte de séjour until your new one arrives.



There's something not logic happening a month ago.

I talked about this friend of mine who married to an English man in October.  She went to the Nice prefecture to apply for a carte de séjour - a few days after we went for renewal. The situation was slightly different to mine, as she's married to English man, not French, so the papers they had to hand in are not the same as ours. But they managed to sort it out. 



One day, sometime in December, she received a letter saying that her carte de séjour was ready for collection! She got 10 years 'title de sejour' straight away, while I had to renewed 3 times each year before I applied for 10 year visa - apparently that's normal if you married to a Non-French EU citizens.  I don't know the reason behind why this is different. Some said that it's to protect French citizens from marrying other nationalities for French passport.  2 months seem amazingly quick to get that kind of visa - I was so impressed with the quick job by the authority.

And mine.....'m still waiting...In fact, I need to go back to the prefecture, as 3 months validation is nearly ending.

Must admit I am a bit jealous - not having to worry about preparing papers and all that. I am going to prefecture tomorrow, so let's see how it goes...

No comments: