Monday, September 5, 2011

Chicken Kievs - missing food from England??

When I was in England, I used to be far too lazy to cook myself so I often eat out or buy ready made food.....particularly this "Chicken Kievs".  Yes, as the name tells, It's origin must be from Eastern Europe but I've seen this Kiev with different versions every major supermarkets in England(Usually buy1 get 1 free deal). I often took this classic version - garlic butter.

It's a deep fried checken breasts rolled with garlic butter. There're other versions like tomato sauce etc, I tried almosts everything but ended up buying the classic one.

There's similar one in France, called Cordon blue - with ham and cheese. I hardly eat this, as I don't get the same yummy excitement. 


My hubby says that the garlic butter in the chicken kievs taste just like the butter used in the escargot. I don't eat escargot, but I suppose the escargots need loads of garlic butter so that it doesn't taste escargot - has anyone seen any other flavour in escargot cuisine?  While with chicken kievs, I found the combination is just perfect....even better with Soya sauce!


Oh... I must make one for myself.. perhaps not so healthy food but it's yummy. 
Let's check the recipe from BBC Food

No comments: