Monday, September 5, 2011

Auto entrepreneur

Since Feburary, my unemployement benefit has been terminated. I'm still registered on pole emploi and have regular meetings with them, also took 2 months paid training on French accounting.

Meanwhile, I take on some odd translation jobs but this industry is very grey and don't get paid well. Thanks to the internet and electronic settlement like paypals, you can do this kind of job, literally anywhere in the world which means the company can select translators at a cheap rate.


I've got some experiences working on translation in the past - finance, IT, automobile and cultural domains and I also do some volunteering job in health and medical domains however, quality, translation skills and the amount of hours spend on the project don't seem to reflect on the rate.  As I am dubious about this work, I still can't invest myself on the translation software which converts repetitive words and memorise the translated words and phrases to save time and eventuarlly allow you to work more.

Yet,I got myself the auto entrepreneur title, hoping to get the opportunity. You can select types of declarations: simple or detailed.  I declare every 3 months which only declare intakes. Depending on the type of the job, the contribution rate for the social security differs.  My title is for the service provider, so 18.3% of intake would go towards social security and then 0.2% goes to the training. 


When I told the guy at the pole emploi that I got the auto entrepreneur title, he warned me to check the regularation from time to time, as they could impact the amount of contributions and exemption. And if you have the title while you receive the benefit and got the actual business, that impacts the amount of benefit you receive.....you'll have to deduct the days you worked.