Thursday, July 23, 2009

Online Banking- muppet me...

These days, thanks to the technology, you can check the bank balance online - that's been happening for the past 10 years. In France, the online banking is in multilingual - so you'd see the details in English - which is great.

I have just finished a telephone conversation with a call centre guy from my bank. I have forgotten my pin code of my online banking that I got myself locked. Bloody Hell.

So, the English version of online banking screen says [Need help? Call this number!]
So I did.

I was sort of expecting that they'd be English speaker - but they weren't..
They'd asked you all those general questions like, your address, your account number as you'd expected.
But here, they'd also ask you the name of your branch manager - which I wasn't really aware but luckly I've kept the recent letter about change of the account manager.

I managed to go through those questions in French - the new details would be sent by post within a few working days. I was quite pleased with myself my French got alot improved.

No comments: