Thursday, July 2, 2009

New job

My French school has finally come to an end and there I am working AGAIN, but this time in France. My dream comes true, after almost two years of patience and learning French.

My job is in Sophia, luckily only a half hour drive from home. It's a six months maternity cover which actually suits me perfectly, as I wanted some experience to get started my career in France.

I am quite lucky that my route to work is not so overly busy compare to the route coming from Nice. As my car is right hand drive, sometimes I find it uncomfortable driving on the hilly place to across Vallauris.

I've put myself having the test period at work, working only 6months but I really want to gain my French ability, so I try to speak more French - indeed most of the time I use English, but this is a great chance to listen and use real French in working environment.

I have already got the initiation that my French isn't good enough YET - I've sent an email for hotel booking in France - I wrote the request in French but got the reply in English....
I phoned for an enquiry in French but I got someone talking to me in English. 'You can talk to me in English'
It's very discouraging but I won't give up until I got it right.

No comments: