Monday, March 19, 2012

A few job interviews

Since I turned down the offer in the Haut-Alpes, I have been a bit down as I wasn't sure I made the right decision.

I tried to think it was a right decision. 
'You don't live to work, you work to live.'

If you ended up somewhere where you have nothing but to work, then the life would become boring.

I enjoy living here, my hubby enjoys living here with me, fortunately a bit more than a few good friends around, we feel very lucky living this environment. (and the sun and the beach contribute to it too! )

Luckily I posted a few job offers in this region recently which seemed like good for me. I had an interviews, which seems like a slow process, but I am hoping to get a positive result.

On the side, I take on some translation work at home from time to time, but it doesn't motivate me much because
  • The agency tends to negotiate the rate almost all the time. Some agencies always lower the rate, despite the speciality and the quality
  • It's always tight schedule which resulted me to have a few sleepless nights.
  • It's never a good return per hour despite the hours and efforts you spent
  • Never get any feedback. 
The agency don't give a monkey about the quality of the outcomes. Nowadays with the internet, you can take some jobs that're outside of your country but on the other hand the agencies can find someone with the lower rate elsewhere - if you don't take it, they don't care, as there's always someone else who could do it.

I am getting tired of playing games with the agencies.  I'd simply say, [Tant pis(never mind)] I'd rather let someone do this complicated time consuming job.

No comments: