Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ideal for funny gift from France - les coucougnettes du vert galant

My hubby got a packet of this 'coucougnettes du vert galant' when we had a short outings to a beautiful village called 'Gourdon'.  We've found this by chance, but my hubby and my mother in law were laughing, as they saw the package title.  It means the balls of Henri IV (Vert Galant = Henri IV).  This is about the Henry IV who is perhaps famous for wearing a pair of green tights and apparently had 54 mistresses and 24 children!


It's got an almond in the centre and chocolate and almond cream with rasberries and a touch of armagnac. I'm sure the name attracts many customers.....
I've checked the maker's website, and ohh lala, there're some more interestings names like Les Tétons de La Reine Margot, Les Prunes de Monsieur,Les Galipettes etc..(Sorry, please check the meaning by yourselves)... I think they have pretty good sense of humour.

No comments: