Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dancing Queen (Moroccan version)

The sing-along musical "Mamma Mia" has just been launched in France in French version. Saw the making of Mamma Mia the other night and I discovered that it has already been played in 13 languages, even in Japanese!

It's the musical which my-then-boyfriend (now hubby) invited me to in London and we enjoyed so much. Well, today's subject is not quite about this musical. It's a morrocan version of dancing queen.

Last weekend, I joined a dinner with some former colleagues, as one of them is to send back home which they'd do after a few years of their services abroad. He was part of the fantastic concept car project last year and I felt honoured to witness it.

So his farewell party took place at a Moroccan restaurant  in Cannes, called Le Riad. Its interior was full of textiles, mosaics, cussions, curtains in Moroccan style.  I've been to this place quite a few times and the waiters are always pleasant. Due to the fact that it's in Cannes, perhaps it's rather over priced, however, the atomosphere gets the win, particularly the exotic danser which appears only during the weekend. Either a party with a group of people or an intimate dinner, it's entertaining and highly recommended.




Since my trip to Morocco in 2007, I love many things about Morocco. Although I broke my tajin as I cooked directly over the fire (muppet me), now I know a bit more about their culture, thanks to my next door neighbour Moroccan friend. According to her and her family, there isn't such a thing as couscous ROYALE, it's the french version of couscous gourmande and my favourite spicy sausages, Merguez, is in fact Tunisian. They are all mixed up, which I kind of understand, as the French do mix up all the Asian food.
Even with my eyes as a woman, this danser is very beautiful and her danse is very sexy and she has so many costumes. As their culture tells me, would her job be fairely recognised?? I wonder.....

No comments: