Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Car boot Sale in Mouans Sartoux

In French, the car boot sale is called 'Vide Grenier' which means 'empty the attic'
On Saturday, there was one in a small village of Mouans Sartoux, 20 mins drive from Cannes. When my hubby's away, I tend to be very lazy and not doing much.  He's away again this week, but this time I decided to be a bit more active myself and left the flat for a short drive.

The weather wasn't so great that day, as if it'd rain any moment.  I texted my hubby where I was heading to.  He replied to me and said, "you tend to have a bad weather when you go to a vide grenier..."

Indeed, he's right. The last time I went one in our gran's country house in North, it rained quite badly.  It was so bad that I almost gave up for going... but luckly I found a set of lovely glass bowls. Usually before going to a place like this, I tend to check over ebay what I would like to buy..This time, I didn't do that.

Well eventually it rained.  Despite the bad weather,the little village was full of stalls and visitors. Quite many stalls have put some plastic cover on top of their products, so it was hard to see...I think I missed quite many too, as it rained some stalls left earlier.
I also expected to see some normal stalls like jams and honey's that kind of thing but none was there. Too bad.

After just over an hour visit, my shopping was 1 euro for a pair of snow boots (not ski boots, regrettably), 1 euro for a set of 6 serviette rings. Not bad, is it?

No comments: